Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cooking Pumpkin

 
This year I decided to try my hand at fresh pumpkin for some of my harvest recipes.  Lucky me got one in my Farmers Market Baskets this week, so off I go!

 First I washed the pumpkin, then cut diagonally, and scooped the guts from inside.

Save the seeds to roast!

Next I placed it cut side down in a baking dish with 1/2 inch of water.


Bake in oven @ 450 for 30-45 minutes. You know it's done when you can pierce with a fork and the flesh is tender.


Once the pumpkin has cooled flip back over and peal the skin off.  I put the pumpkin in the oven and headed for the shower so it got a little dark on the top, but I just scooped the dark part off.
This is after I peeled the skin, notice the dark part is still on the flesh.


Once pealed place in food processor or blender and mix until its well blended.

Now you are ready to use in any recipe that calls for canned or pureed pumpkin.

Here are a few recipes I looking forward to trying this fall. Click on the title below and it will take you to the website with recipe directions.

Pumpkin Bread I

Pumpkin Bread II

Pumpkin Pancakes

Pumpkin Bread Pudding 

Easy Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake

Sweet and Spicy Pumpkin Seeds



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...